Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cool Ideas?

Does anyone have cool pre-show display ideas?
I was thinking an "Almost, Maine" powerpoint would be really cool. Simple...but cool.
It could include...
1. Production process pictures
2. Northern Maine pictures
3. Production history/notes
4. Cast bios/pictures
5. And anything else!! :)

If this is to happen, it would be great if we could use a school laptop. I can e-mail my consumer teacher and see if he could let me borrow one of his from his classroom for a DGS-related purpose.

Send some ideas my way via blogging, facebook, or e-mail (cder1300@csd99.org)

4 comments:

  1. I feel like we need to something to get peoples attention. I'm not sure what because it is a more chill play, but I don't want it to go unseen like a lot of plays I want a really good turn out like deadman's cell phone so we gotta do something really good to get attention. I'll try to brainstorm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The powerpoint will actually be on display before the show, not necessarily as an attention getter. Just as an FYI, I'll be asking you to put up posters on Monday that say in large print:

    ALMOST(ME)

    12.9.11

    The ME stands for Maine, but students can speculate.

    I still want to create a trailer to play on the tv outside of the cafeteria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We could also interview cast and crew about the process and film it. That could also be playing prior to entering the aud.

    I was thinking that as another way to get attention within the school would be to have students fill out colored cards with question or statement stems such as:

    Love is...

    I knew I was in love when...

    OR

    My experience with love:

    One piece of advice I'd give to someone in love:

    My break-up experience:

    Then, we'd select the appropriate cards and display them outside the aud into the formation of a heart. Or a dead bloody moose by the side of the road. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely the dead moose...JK. All of this is awesome, Ms. Rubin, and I think I speak for the cast when I say I'll help in any way possible. Should we figure out who has which lunch and do the cards at a special table in the lunch room?

    ReplyDelete